fredag 14 augusti 2015

Who am I ? Airplane identification Quiz

Who am I ?

-I am an ogival delta winged aircraft  with four engines.

-I was the first airliner to have a (in this case, analogue) flight-control system.

-I have a  drooping nose,  enable me to switch between being streamlined to reduce drag and achieve optimum aerodynamic efficiency, and not obstructing the pilot's view during taxi, takeoff, and landing operations. Due to the high angle of attack, the long pointed nose obstructed the view and necessitated the capability to droop. The droop nose was accompanied by a moving visor that retracted into the nose prior to being lowered. When the nose was raised to horizontal, the visor would rise in front of the cockpit windscreen for aerodynamic streamlining.

-My tai fin is not so very high.

-I have a long nosewheel.

-Because of the way my delta-wing generated lift, the undercarriage had to be unusually strong. At rotation I rise to a high angle of attack, about 18 degrees. Prior to rotation the wing generate almost no lift, unlike typical aircraft wings. Combined with the high airspeed at  Due to the high angle needed at rotation, a small set of wheels were added aft to prevent tailstrikes. The rear main undercarriage units swing towards each other to be stowed but due to their great height also need to retract telescopically before swinging in order to clear each other when stowed I have four main wheel tyre.

-I am supersonic and my manufactors came from France and Great Britain.

- I was painted in White, Blue and Red.

-Have you guessed me yet?

 - I was a Supersonic airliner,

 and my Airlines were Air France and British Airways.

  • Crew: 3

  • Capacity: 92–120 passengers

  • Length: 202 ft 4 in (61.66 m)

  • Height: 40 ft 0 in (12.2 m)

    I am concidered as "one of the most beautiful" airliner ever built!

    First flight 2 March 1969
    Introduction 21 January 1976
    Retired 26 November 2003
    Status Retired from service

     

    ///////

    Right Answer in a few days will come.. hold out!

    Editor of the blog notes:
    Sometimes I write in English and sometimes in Swedish. I have a lot of readers  and friends in USA and Europe, and I will try to continue to write in English.
    It will be more convenient for you because most of the videoclips are American or in English.
    I will try to do my best with the English, but sometimes there will occur
     grammatical errors.

    So please make allowances for my Swedish-English.


























Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar